How to re install programs after PC cleanup

ponytail 09:01 04 Oct 13

I had a serious problem with laptop and took it into work for our IT chap to look at.He cleaned it up and it went back to the factory state.I did save all my important items to my external drive.But I had Emisoft and Bullguard which are no longer installed and as I do not have any software how do I re-install these programs.Also I had Windows 7 Home Premium but he changed it to Windows 7 Ultimate what is the difference.He also installed Avast free.

wiz-king 09:18 04 Oct 13

You should have a small text file giving your log-on details for both.

If you downloaded these programs from the web you should have stored them in the 'downloads' folder in 'my docs', so that you can install from there.

Ultimate is a multi-user version.

ponytail 11:37 04 Oct 13

Hi jock1e when you say download emisoft from their website will that be the full edition or the free edition.I want the full edition as I paid for it but have no key for it as I was emailed a link

ponytail 11:39 04 Oct 13

Hi again jock1e saw this on google

click here

Woolwell 12:11 04 Oct 13

Jockie - Ponytail has probably paid for Bullguard so will want it back.

Ponytail - Do you have backups of your emails?

The chap at work should have reinstalled the programs for you but would have needed the license keys. These should have been fairly straightforward to get by an IT person.

You must have downloaded the programs originally. I always keep a copy of the download (backed up).

ponytail 13:05 04 Oct 13

Hi guys a few answers to your question Yes I did pay for Bullguard.I went onto live chat on their website and was given the link to install it but need to get rid of Avast so which is best Avast or Bullguard.Will have to check my old emails to see if I can find the link Emisoft emailed to me I think I paid £11.99 or something like that.What do I do if I am unable to locate the link.I have emailed Emisoft explaining what happened so will see if I get a reply from them.Is Windows 7 ultimate better than home edition premium if so what is the difference.Thanks again

ponytail 14:06 04 Oct 13

Have just had a phone call from a lady at Emisoft and she gave me the email address of someone in their technical dept who should be able to help and have emailed him also copied to him copies of the emails I had already sent them will now wait and see what they do

Woolwell 14:23 04 Oct 13

Bullguard will provide more than Avast. Which version of Emisoft do you have. The top version contains anti-virus and I wouldn't run that with Bullguard or Avast.

ponytail 17:35 04 Oct 13

Have managed to install Emisoft have been given the key which I will keep on my external drive.The Emisoft looks like Emisoft Anti-Malaware but will check the version and let you know.All I have at present is Avast and Emisoft Bullguard is still not installed you say I should change Avast for Bullguard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…