how to re-install Explorer 7 into Vista?

Manol 08:34 05 Aug 07

Hi there, can anyone help with re-installing the explorer browser into Vista? I uninstalled it because it became impossible to run it after I installed Skype in a brand new laptop. Now when I download Explorer I get a message that Vista already contains explorer. I tried doing system restore, but this doesn't fix the problem. what to do?

Technotiger 08:37 05 Aug 07

Run CCleaner in its default settings click here not promising that this will fix it, but worth a try, after running ccleaner try IE7 again.

Manol 10:25 05 Aug 07

Thank you for your reply. I tried the CCleaner, but it didn't work. I don't seem to have Explorer in my computer anymore and I'm unable to redownload any version of it.

Pine Man 10:39 05 Aug 07

It is my understanding that you cannot remove Internet Explorer from Vista.

Whatever you did has probably corrupted some of the files. If you cannot go back to a good IE7 using System Restore you will have to contemplate a 'repair' of Vista.

Manol 17:50 05 Aug 07

Thank you Pine Man, I think you are write

skidzy 19:02 05 Aug 07

You cannot remove IE7 from Vista as Pineman says.

However try this:

Start / Default programs / Set your default programs / Is Internet explorer listed ? / if so highlight this / set program as default.

If you have another browser such as Firefox,try downloading IE7 again and install over the top,if this will let you.
IE7 click here

Firefox click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos