How to put free space back onto hard disk?

Jessica123 03:41 13 Jan 14

The screenshot shows it all I want to put that 48GB free space back on hard disk but the extend volume button is greyed out is there a way to do it?

click here

mole1944 06:59 13 Jan 14

Save all your valuable data to an external drive then do a complete reinstall wipeing the disk, however get glary utilities and use the 1click solution ccleaner is gentler. When you've go get your self a western digital drive if your present drive is non western digital you can then download a cut down version of Acronis and clone the drive clone on a weekly basis and hey presto you can clone back your drive, this will save you time and stress. I also usr a clickfree dongle to another drive (£20 or so from Amazon) as I have 63,000 music tracks (all legal) I'd be gutted to lose them, so i' a belt/braces and string man when it comes to my data.

rdave13 09:52 13 Jan 14

If you right click the 'free space' and delete it, it then becomes 'unallocated' and then you can extend your Z partition.

spuds 10:53 13 Jan 14

I am perhaps going off subject, but have you attempted a defrag of the hard-drive, to see if anything is gained there?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 13 Jan 14

Delete the partition.

Now right-click the graphic of the Z partition and select Extend.

BRYNIT 12:09 13 Jan 14

I could be wrong but it looks like you cloned your HD onto a larger drive?

I haven't used Disk Manager for a long time but I think from disk Manager you should be able to right click on the free space and assign a drive letter.

Or if you right click on the free space and delete the volume you should be able to right click on the Z: drive and extend it you cannot extend the C: drive from Disk Manager.

I do find using one of the partition programs easier like EaseUs partition manager CLICK HEREas this should allow you to add the free pace to your C: or Z: drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now