How to put in bootscreens and themes for XP

speedyg747 14:34 17 Oct 09

Is it possible to install a different theme for XP and bootscreens on a netbook? Apparently you can do it on normal PC's and stuff but does it work on a 10.2" screen as the resolution is 1024x600?

If so, how do you do it and is it difficult?

Thanks

wolfie3000 17:27 17 Oct 09

You can do it but theres 2 ways to do it,
First you can use a program to change what you want like windows blinds for themes and bootskins for the bootscreen.

Or you can hack the system and put your own in.

I would reccomend using software to do it, but the trade off is that it can slow older pc,s

Windows blinds is pretty cool and gives you alot of choices with themes and such but you do have to pay if you want the full package,

click here

Winstep is another good theme manager that gives you alot of other tools as well.

click here

I myself use Windows blinds as i find it easier to use, but both are good.

As for changing the boot screen well you only see it 1% of the time so is it really necessary?

Btw heres what my desktop looks like after a bit of tarting up,

click here

It is a fun thing to do and you can get great results with using other software in conjunction with the programs but it can slow up an older pc.

Also it offers little benefit to the pc apart from making it look better.

speedyg747 13:29 18 Oct 09

Wow that's pretty awesome, are you running Vista on your pc/laptop?

I will have to check them out. Yeah I'm sick and tired of the same stupid windows themes and wanted to jazz things up a bit.

How did you get that little weather thing in the bottom right hand corner?

wolfie3000 14:13 18 Oct 09

No im on windows XP using windows blinds,

As for the clock and weather things, i got them by using yahoo widgets which is free.

click here

Heres the weather widget,

click here

And the clock,

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…