How to put address onto desktop

Ancient Learner 14:28 24 Aug 05

Try as I might, I cannot remember how to do this. I've been told, here, how to do it before, but I can't now find the thread. So -

Please, what do I have to do to get a web address onto my Desktop, so that I just have to double click it to get there?

VoG II 14:31 24 Aug 05

Go to the web page.

Click the Restore down button to make the Internet Explorer window smaller so that you can see some of the desktop.

Left click the e icon in the address bar, keep the mouse button depressed and drag it onto the desktop.

Completealias 14:33 24 Aug 05

OK I just tried one way which works copy the address then right click on your desktop new | shortcut and paste the web address into the shortcut path next name it and finish.

The other way I know of is to bookmark the address and then drag n drop it onto your desktop this then removes it from your bookmarks list thou.

Ancient Learner 14:54 24 Aug 05

Thank you both for the speedy replies.

It was the 'Shortcut' that I had forgotten. Old age I'm afraid.

tonyx1302 15:45 24 Aug 05

Once having dragged an e icon for a website onto the desktop it converts to the sites own logo.Great! So how can I keep the web address logo. The logos for ebay ,google , BBC etc. stays for one or two visits and then reverts back to the e icon.

Is it possible to keep website logo on the desktop instead of the e icon ?

Thank you

Tony

tonyx1302 16:26 24 Aug 05

Any thoughts please on my post in response to the original post

VoG II 16:42 24 Aug 05

You could try FavOrg click here

joeltr 18:41 24 Aug 05

if the address in in your favourites folder, right click it and click send to,to create shortcut ondesktop regards, joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…