How to protect my cdr from being copied?

edennorman 10:56 19 Apr 04

Hello

Can anyone tell me if there is any way I can prevent an [U]inexperienced[/U] user from making copies of a cd or dvd that I make?

I want to send out demonstartion cd/dvds's to my customers but at the same time do not want them duplicating them.

Any help on this subject gratefully accepted.

Thank you.

eden

SirGalahad2004 11:38 19 Apr 04

film and nusic industry beind spending millions to stop copying of their discs, sorry to say theres isnt

SirGalahad2004 11:39 19 Apr 04

film and nusic industry beind spending millions to stop copying of their discs, sorry to say theres isnt

AndySD 11:44 19 Apr 04
  Confab 12:31 19 Apr 04

As mentioned before it's almost impossible to protect a CD so that it can't be copied. In fact I don't think I've ever come across one that can't be.

You don't say what type of files you intend to burn on to your cd/dvd but there are some steps you can take to make your CD not worth copying. If you have lots of picture files for example you could compress them so that thay are just about ok to view on a pc but look terrible when printed. The same thing goes if you have some sound files on your CD. Use a low bit rate so they sound poor when copied or listend to on a Hi Fi. You could advise your potential clients that your CD is a demo only and the quality of any original will be much improved.

Confab

TomJerry 12:46 19 Apr 04

So, it maynot be possible to burn cd with copy protection.

There may be methods to protect certain type of files.

Confab 12:54 19 Apr 04

How does this help edennorman??

Confab

Stuartli 13:18 19 Apr 04

Even the latest CDs, such as Life for Rent by Dido, which cannot be copied on a PC system can, in fact, be copied by those determined enough to do so.

I'm obviously not going to reveal how it is possible (and it certainly isn't using rocket science according to my information), but merely emphasising that unfortunately it is something that cannot be achieved by you with present methods.

Stuartli 15:22 19 Apr 04

Audio CDs use reflective and non-reflective "bumps" for the laser to read - a CD-R changes the reflectivity of the upper dye layer's surface to non-reflective as required; as the lower surface has full reflectivity, it pinpoints the reason for the "burning" of a CD-R or CD-RW disk.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with copyrighting disks...:-)

struggle8 15:39 19 Apr 04

put a warning on coer that tis cd contains a virus that will enable the users pc obsolete if copyed, would you want to risk it

struggle8 15:40 19 Apr 04

coer= cover tis=this sory about the spelling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017