How to print solid gridlines in excel 2003?

My uncle has Excel 2003 and wants to print a worksheet out. In the preview the lines are dotted and it prints that way. he wants solid lines and although I've tried formatting a cell with borders etc I can't see where to just change the gridlines to solid. I am trying to help long distance and no longer have Excel 2003 so if anybody could advise I'd be grateful !
Thanks

VoG II 10:02 29 Oct 09

Select the cells, Format > Cells > Border tab, in the Style box click on one of the solid lines then click OK.

Thank, he says he did that (I talked him through it)I will try again!
Can you remind me, do you get to format cells by right clicking on the page or is there a tab at the top? (I'm flying blind here lol!)

VoG II 10:44 29 Oct 09

On the menu bar click Format then click Cells (the top option). Then click the Border tab on the dialog box that pops up. You have to select the cells before doing this.

Simsy 11:05 29 Oct 09

From the preview dialogue, choose "Setup" go to the "Sheet" tab and tick the box marke "Gridlines".

This will do just than, print the gridlines of the spreadsheet. Any borders that are set as per the post from VoG™ will override the "normal" gridlines.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simsy

Thanks Simsy, I did that before and they were dashed lines!

VoG II 11:27 29 Oct 09

This is beginning to sound like a printer driver problem (Excel uses them even for print preview).

To test this create a table with borders in Word and see if the same thing happens.

Simsy 12:05 29 Oct 09

Clutching at straws... If VoG™'s suggestion for a test in "Word" gives the same problem, check first whether the printer is set for "draft" mode. That "might" give rise to what's happening.

Regards,

Simsy

I have told him to check it isn't in draft mode. I'll wait for him to report back- I'm having to keep it simple ;)
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…