How to print full size photo's on A4

bronco 15:57 13 Nov 05

HP psc1355 all in one printer. Windows XP Pro.

Each time I try to print a full size A4 photo, I always get at least one border at the edge of the paper. I have used HP's own software, XP's own software and ACDSee, but I always get the same end result. Even when the print preview shows no borders, the print out always has either 4 borders or just one border. Is there any other software I can use that will overcome this? I thought that a full size A4 photo would have been straight forward, but it has caused me hours of grief. Any help please?

pj123 16:01 13 Nov 05

The only way I know to do that is with an Epson Printer.

I have an Epson R200 printer and prints borderless prints no problem.

woodchip 16:01 13 Nov 05

If you used a Digital Camera, for photo. The size's are all different in what they capture. Printer will not stretch to fit. You need to test crop pics to get the full print size and make a note of the size you use.

Sans le Sou 17:17 13 Nov 05

Does your printer actually support borderless printing.

bronco 18:46 13 Nov 05

Yes, the printer supports borderless printing but only has set options for smaller sizes. However, I can adjust the picture (taken with digital camera) so the print preview shows a full page. But when printed there is always a border of about 1.5 cm at the bottom edge.

woodchip 18:48 13 Nov 05

In printer Properties after you select print go to advanced settings click maximise

bronco 18:52 13 Nov 05

Thanks woodchip. I am not at my own pc at present, but will try that as soon as I can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced