How to post MP3s to newsgroups

Artom 20:40 03 Aug 06

How do I post mp3 file to newsgroups?
I have winXP home, Agent3.3. but I am new to this and I need to know how to manage posting them.
Please keep any advice simple...thanks.
Also, how to post these files using yenc please.
Thankyou,
Allen

Terry Brown 21:30 03 Aug 06

As far as I am aware, newsgroups are text only, with the exception of binary, which is a completely different subject.

When you contacted the person, you should have found their EMail added to your address book.
Use a normal EMail to send it as attachment (with the Email owners permission)
Terry

Jak_1 21:56 03 Aug 06

Hm, this is not the place to be discussing illegal fileshareing! Don't forget also that these newsgroups will be monitred by the media companies also!

dangerusone 22:09 03 Aug 06

Why do you automatically assume that Artom is wanting to send illegal mp3 files to newsgroups,perhaps he is a budding composer/musician. People on this forum see the letters mp3 and think the worst.
No offence intended.

squillary 05:21 04 Aug 06

The file needs to be converted to UUE or MIM format (UUEncoding or Mime encoding). This effectively turns it into a 7-bit text file with headers which can just be included in the message that can be read and exported back out.

Take a look in any binary newsgroup and you'll see how it looks.

Winzip can read UUencoded and Mime files and can create UUEncoded files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…