How is this possible?

wee eddie 20:55 01 Nov 03

A statement from Stuartli:

Tiscali, for one, has been taking up to eight or nine days to deliver some of my e-mails..

I thought that these things were more or less instantaneous, so long as then other end was available to receive?

knobler 21:06 01 Nov 03

I'm with Tiscali and haven't had any problems - have you checked your Outlook Express settings? - try going to the Tiscali homepage and accessing your e-mail via there. If still no joy try phoning or e-mailing the helpdesk - best of luck though!!!!

Valvegrid 21:09 01 Nov 03

He could well be right. Sometimes when I send myself an email from work, at our local NHS hospital, and it has taken 2 days to arrive at home here.

Regards Paul.

graham√ 21:10 01 Nov 03

A good way to test is to Email yourself.

powerless 21:11 01 Nov 03

So there is an ISP problem or a connection problem along the way.

Think "Royal Mail" and "currently".

graham√ 21:14 01 Nov 03

:-) crossed in post.

It may be that corporate systems hold Emails for various reasons, virus scan for example. Or maybe until a quiet period.

wee eddie 21:22 01 Nov 03

They obviously don't take time off!

Maybe they do - Tiscali Tours to Benidorm!

This matter is shaking some of my beliefs.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:11 01 Nov 03

If the server thinks that there is a network problem or it believes the network to be too busy it will store emails on it's site. They will then be sent as soon a sthe problem/jam is sorted. All emails are kept by ISPs for 6 years in case the Spooks or Plod wants to finger you for crimes etc. ;-).

G

Audeal 00:48 02 Nov 03

Maybe MI5 are on to you and reading your mail. I hope you havn't been a bad boy.

flecc 01:03 02 Nov 03

My Tiscali mail is OK, mostly near instantaneous.

spuds 12:22 02 Nov 03

Tiscali have stated over the past week, that they are experiencing email circulation problems. They have now issued a message, stating that all is back to normal. I have had a recent email from Tiscali, advicing that my email box is becoming full.So perhaps I am one of the culprits causing server blockages, and adding to Tiscali's burden.Normally I have had no problems with sending or receiving [worldwide]emails of late.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…