How to play games without their CD's?

soy 00:55 03 Jun 03

Hi,

Is there a way to play Games without having to insert their CD in?

I have many games and find it a bit of a chore having to insert the CD in each time I want to play. I've tried GameDrive and Virtual Drive but these programs mearly copy the CD's and allows you to run these images from your hard drive. This method takes up alot of hard drive space.

Is there a file on the CD that i can extract and run the game from it?

soy 10:46 03 Jun 03

<>

ΆØL HåŁęŖ 11:04 03 Jun 03

might i point out that i hope this is a legal reason why you want to do this! If it is then click here but read the legal information first and then search for your game and get the patch.

there are many Virtual drive programs out there that enable to to make an image of a CD on your hard-drive that you can play in the virtual drive.

virtualCD, CDanywhere for instance, i had a bad time with HekkoCD so wouldnt recommend it.
all these programs make you swear by whatever you hold dear that you will not abuse the copyright of others.

Agent Smith 11:17 03 Jun 03

Alcohol 120% does it all. click here

soy 16:50 06 Jun 03

Using Cracks! hmmmmm, I bit risky!

Alcohol looks a great program, but it pretty much does what Game drive and virtual drive does - Copy an image of the CD's onto the hard drive.

I don't think there are any decent ways to get rid of having to insert DISK to play a agme. Thats life!

I'll tick this as resolved.

Thanks to everyone.

Soy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…