How to place program icons on quick launch bar?

Florio 17:38 PM 05 Mar 12

Normally you just have to drag a program icon from the desktop onto the quick launch bar to place it permanently there. But what can you do when the icon will not stay put, and even shows a red circle with a red diagonal line through it when placed above the quick launch bar. This is what's happening to me; I want to put Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and Revo Uninstaller on my quick launch bar, but there's just nothing doing...

Sea Urchin 17:56 PM 05 Mar 12

Try right-clicking your Taskbar and select Toolbars - make sure Quick Launch is selected. Also unlock Taskbar

Ian in Northampton 17:59 PM 05 Mar 12

Depending on your operating system, you may need to do different things. In XP, for example, you may - after ensuring Quick Launch is unlocked, as Sea Urchin said - need to move the 'dividing bar' to the right to make room for the new icons. Once you have them in place, it's as well to lock the Quick Launch bar again.

john bunyan 18:20 PM 05 Mar 12

But on W7 if you right click a desktop shortcut, some have an option "Pin to task bar" and others do not. Revo does not have that option. Not sure why - interesting....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued