how to place a pic in word

holligan 15:45 19 Aug 03

can get in word page but it is jpg.it does not show pic just like the way it is saved on desk top
how do get the pic on .cheers

woodchip 15:53 19 Aug 03

Open Word and make the window smaller than full size open the program you have got the pic or Explorer and drag the pic to word doc it should just drop into word. Or yo may be able to create a graphics box like I do in WordPerfect and drag the pic to the box, or right click the Graphics box and import Image

woodchip 15:55 19 Aug 03

PS or simply copy Image and paste into word

alcudia 15:57 19 Aug 03

Pardon. To insert an image into a Word file click on the Insert menu, then picture and then from file. Browse to where the picture is. If you cannot put the image where you want, uncheck picture placeholders in options. I think that's what you were asking.

Taff36 16:02 19 Aug 03

In Word INSERT>PICTURE>FROM FILE then navigate to the file (In your case the desktop) and select it. Once it is in the word document you can click it and move it around. If you have any problems with text wrapping etc right click the image and select FORMAT PICTURE.

Another tip is to create a text box in Word and insert your picture into that. For this you need to show the Drawing toolbar. (Right click any spare space in a toolbar and select it - it will appear at the botom of the screen) Then depress the text box button and drag a text box anywhere in your word document. Click in the new text box and then follow paragraph one above.

Using the Drawing toolbar you can do a lot of things with the image. (Rotate it for example) Also when you click it you should get up a little floating toolbar that enables you to adjust contrast and brightness.

Now here`s the rub. JPG files, particularly off the web will be highly compressed. Otherwise they take forever to download. They look great on the screen but don`t print well in Word documents if they have been enlarged above their original size.

Hope this helps - if not post again!

holligan 16:27 19 Aug 03

But that is it if i press insert it goes to another screen pkg.iam no comp expert

Taff36 16:47 19 Aug 03

What do you mean by "another screen pkg.?"

Are you selecting INSERT from the top menu bar?

holligan 16:56 19 Aug 03

to another seperate page it says pkg in the bar

holligan 17:28 19 Aug 03

do i have to have word doc. a certain doc as it says unicode etc.rich text word what do they all mean?

Fred from Dorking 17:48 19 Aug 03

By far the best way is to insert a text box in Word. Then insert the picture inside the text box. This allows you to position it anywhere on the page and resize it. If you go to Format>Text Box you can select different frames and colours (or none), you can select to move/not to move with text and get rid of the margins (or equalize them) within the text box and much more.

wee eddie 20:14 19 Aug 03

In which case we'll probably need to start again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017