How to place a ".ico file in SysRoot folder?

six-h 00:05 15 Jul 09

I lost an icon from my desktop that I had "manufactured", it has worked fine for several weeks.
Downloading an update for windows photo gallery this evening seems to have wiped it!
I've managed to harvest the icon file again from an old HDD, and put it on the desktop.
In the shortcut Properties box I've clicked "change Icon" and pointed it at the copy on the desktop so it's back, but I now (presumably) need to place the ".ico" file with all the others in the folder %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll (directing the shortcut to it there)so that it won't disappear again.
How do I find this folder?
I've tried searching the Windows System 32 folder including hidden and system files to no avail!
Where the hell is it??

six-h 00:43 15 Jul 09

Hmmm.. seems I used as a guide, the only icon on my desktop that utilises one of the generic .ico files, and these are the ones stored somewhere in the bowels of Windows in the SysRoot%...etc

On checking all the others, the icon file is without exception stored in the .exe folder!!

Only problem is, the folder that this shortcut points to is an HTML file that opens an offline web browser interface with my printer user guides in it.
Couldn't find a way to pop the ".ico" file in there, so I've had to settle for stuffing it in the printer driver file!
Just hope it's not buggered up my printer! lol
If anyone has a more conventional solution please let me know :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…