How to password protect files??

Singerz 16:23 21 Jun 06

How to password protect files??

Hello

I have been trying to find a way to lock files so you can only open them with a password.

XP does not let you do this but I'm aware there are utilities out there that can do it.

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction and let me know if there is any free downloadable software that people have experience of using.

Thanks.

rawprawn 16:31 21 Jun 06

I can recommend AxCrypy click here

SANTOS7 16:32 21 Jun 06
  rawprawn 16:32 21 Jun 06

Should read AxCrypt, it's a brand new version too.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 21 Jun 06

Encryptors / Security:-
AxCrypt click here
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here
Folderlock click here
CD/DVD Lock click here
Hide Files & Folders click here

Singerz 17:36 21 Jun 06

Thanks for your help, I have tried some utilities but they don't exactly do as I want (maybe I didn't explain myself correctly).

The utilities encrypt the files within the folder and ask for a password when you try and open them. Also, when you save a new file to the folder you then need to encrypt it.

I basically want to password protect a folder so it cannot be accessed without the password.

Willow12 18:27 21 Jun 06

Just create the folder and move it into a compressed (zipped) folder. Open this zipped folder and click file, add a password and away you go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…