How to password protect files??

Singerz 16:23 21 Jun 06

How to password protect files??

Hello

I have been trying to find a way to lock files so you can only open them with a password.

XP does not let you do this but I'm aware there are utilities out there that can do it.

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction and let me know if there is any free downloadable software that people have experience of using.

Thanks.

rawprawn 16:31 21 Jun 06

I can recommend AxCrypy click here

SANTOS7 16:32 21 Jun 06
  rawprawn 16:32 21 Jun 06

Should read AxCrypt, it's a brand new version too.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 21 Jun 06

Encryptors / Security:-
AxCrypt click here
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here
Folderlock click here
CD/DVD Lock click here
Hide Files & Folders click here

Singerz 17:36 21 Jun 06

Thanks for your help, I have tried some utilities but they don't exactly do as I want (maybe I didn't explain myself correctly).

The utilities encrypt the files within the folder and ask for a password when you try and open them. Also, when you save a new file to the folder you then need to encrypt it.

I basically want to password protect a folder so it cannot be accessed without the password.

Willow12 18:27 21 Jun 06

Just create the folder and move it into a compressed (zipped) folder. Open this zipped folder and click file, add a password and away you go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…