How to pass data from PC1 to PC2

Baslla321 07:04 10 Nov 03

I ungently need to know how to connect my old PC dial-up Win98, to my cable XP PC, to be able to pass data from one to the other and viseversa.
Presently I email any data that I need to print from my XP to my old PC because both my scanner and printer are connected to the latter. My win98 dial-up sub expires on Wed 12Nov 03 & I cannot afford to reactivate it. Does a USB cable to USB do the job? Do I need any software adjustment? Thank you.

Gongoozler 07:30 10 Nov 03

This device looks like it could do the job click here

Baslla321 08:08 10 Nov 03

Thanks. Noted that this excludes windows XP in system requirements. Also I am on Malta not UK. Will try the local shops . At least you gave me an idea of how it can work.

Diodorus Siculus 08:33 10 Nov 03

How about a couple of network cards and a cable and set up a small network; quite cheap and easy.

GroupFC 08:48 10 Nov 03

I have not done this myself but have a look at click here and see if this gives you some ideas!

GroupFC 08:49 10 Nov 03

Sorry that links no longer good try this one instead click here

Baslla321 08:54 10 Nov 03

I have a network card as I am on cable on the XP computer but I would need one for the Win 98. I have absolutely no idea of how to put in this card or connect. I am technically zero !!

Baslla321 09:09 10 Nov 03

I am studing the step by step instructions on this site. Seems good.Thanks

Smiler 09:44 10 Nov 03

Went to the site GroupFC suggests and found this

click here

seems to be what you want and looking down the page XP is suitable for usb connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…