HOW TO OVERCLOCk ATHLON 1700+XP

PHILL1 21:23 23 Jun 03

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this

Thanks

Psiman 21:52 23 Jun 03

Very difficult to do and very easy to screw up. The cost of XPs up to 2000+ are now very reasonable so unless you want to do it for the challenge, don't bother. click here to give you a blow by blow account of how to do it.

Bluescreen 07:32 24 Jun 03

As long as your Bios will allow you to increase your FSB step by step, you should be able to increase your clock speed by about 5-10%. Your standard FSB is 133Mhz. Try moving it to 135 and then reboot. If all ok, try 137..and carry on until no more than 145. Never let the core temp go beyond 50c( Although I think even this is too high), otherwise you run the risk of burnout.The 1700xp runs at 1.47Mhz but you should be able to get about 1.6Ghz at 145Mhz fsb.This the max you should go. Any more and you are risking it. Your RAM must be at least 133Mhz sdram or 2100DDR and your system must be a good stable unit that does not freeze or crash as overclocking will only exaggerate the problem.

Overclocking is putting your computer through a unnecessary risk. You do this at your peril.But it is a fun/ exciting way to give your athlon a small boost. I have clocked many and never fuzzed one. Just make sure you don't go crazy and keep it cool and you should be ok. I've had 1800xps' at 1.702Ghz, stable and at 42c but I prefer 1.65Ghz and kept it cooler.
Thinking about it...An Athlon 2100xp will now only cost you £58, so is it worth the risk?

AMD 4 ever 09:21 24 Jun 03

and the speed gain you wont even notice the difference...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…