How to open or view png files help

Giggle n' Bits 01:15 12 Aug 08

Tried to recover pics of a old dodgy hdd and the file type is called portable network graphics which I think is called a png file. I no longer have the camera CD so I do not know for sure if these files are actually a large collection of my photo's

Apparnetly with a google search these need a AcDc software to open them just for viewing. If they are the right pics then I will buy a full software suite but to save on dissapoinment just incase there some sort of clip are then thats why I need to know if there is something I can open these png files with

Is their a free Spyware & adware safe download viewer somewhere please.

brundle 01:23 12 Aug 08
  MCE2K5 01:29 12 Aug 08

FastStone Image Viewer click here

eedcam 05:49 12 Aug 08

Assaid or youpossibly already have M/softs fax and picture viewer if so right clickand choose preview

============================

Morning David

ened 06:35 12 Aug 08

I have a vague memory that Adobe were trying to make .png files the standard which all programmes would accept.

What ever. Photoshop Elements will open them so presumably will Photoshop.

BT 07:39 12 Aug 08

will open .PNG files. It uses this format as its default.

BT 07:40 12 Aug 08

You can get it from here..
click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:06 12 Aug 08

Tried the obvious, WinXP Pic viewer with no luck. I will try the irfanview, it could be that the windows on the hdd is very corrupt and is effecting the files, I dunno but thanks for all the above links. I will close the post & post back when I download the ifanview

Thanks brundle, MCE2K5 & BT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…