How to open MAX. files?

earthmother 23:01 19 Feb 03

A friend had e-mailed me a photo taken on an Olympus c 300 camera. but it has arrived as a .MAX file, anyone know what prog I can use to open it. have tried photoimpressions 2000, Paint shop pro 7, Microsoft photo editor and Windows picture and fax viewer all to no avail.

VoG™ 23:08 19 Feb 03

.MAX Kinetix's 3D Studio MAX Scene

Autodesk 3ds Max Scene File

Maximizer Contact & E-business Program

Paperport Scanned Image [Viewer]

Max Source Code

OrCAD Layout File

Source click here

DieSse 23:11 19 Feb 03

.max files seem to be from 3D Studio - converting them is unusual, but look here click here

Are you sure it's not .mix files - these are more common, from MS PhotoDraw.

In either csae, I would ask your friend to resend them in a more standardised format.

earthmother 23:13 19 Feb 03

Thanks Vog, trouble is I don't have any of those, think I will have to pay him a visit and find out if he can save them in any other format.

earthmother 23:22 19 Feb 03

Also thanks DieSse, am downloading crossroads now, problem is he is very new to PC's and doesn't have a lot of idea what he is doing ( and we have all been there!) and is probably just accepting the default save file. Thanks again to you both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…