How to open in full screen?

Teddy Jeff 21:37 17 Apr 05

Can anyone tell me how to get my windows screen to open in the full screen mode? Since I install the service pack 2 to my wondows XP, almost every fresh window I open I have to click on the full screen icon at the top right of the screen. I have tried for ages but I have had no joy. Any help would be very welcome.

sat481 21:40 17 Apr 05

I don't know if this works for SP2 but if you open the window you want to be and make it full screen, then close using the File>Close (Hold down Control whilst clicking on close) rather than the red cross. I know this works with XP.

Take care

VoG II 21:41 17 Apr 05

Internet Explorer?

Close all windows except the small one. Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximize button).

File/Close (not the X).

The next time it should open full-screen.

stalion 21:42 17 Apr 05

when you open drag the screen to the edges and close the screen with the file close and not the red x in the top right hand corner

stalion 21:42 17 Apr 05

three buses

DJ-Garry 21:46 17 Apr 05

Another way is to right click on the icon you left click on to start the application and select properties. There should be a drop down menu next to the word 'Run'. Select the maximised option and it should do the job. Garry.

Teddy Jeff 21:58 17 Apr 05

Thanks everyone for your help I will let you know how I get on

Teddy Jeff 22:11 17 Apr 05

Thank you all very much I think I'm back to normal again

Al94 22:15 17 Apr 05

Here's a handy little free programme that does the job nicely. I've used it for a couple of years click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…