how to open a freecom case

lezw 15:23 21 Aug 06

does anybody know how to open a freecom classic case there are no obvious screws but there are some slots in the centre join of the case but i don1t want to destroy the unit

ade.h 16:26 21 Aug 06

Methinks that Freecom didn't want you to open it....

Diemmess 17:28 21 Aug 06

You are talking about an external HD in its own Freecom case? If so, may I ask ..... why?

If you want to swop HDs you might consider another unit and leave the old one as-is.

Are you sure there are no minute X-point screws at the ends? or hiding behind rubber feet?
If all you have to play with are the slots then see if a small screwdriver will move a hook in a slot. It doesn't have to move far.
If it will move then make enough wooden wedges to "open" more than one catch at a time. Early Epson printers used to open this way.

But its your decision - take care.

lezw 19:57 21 Aug 06

hi Diemmess thanks for your post.As to your why?it`s a old external cd rom unit tha I picked up at a car boot sale and I was just going to put a cd writer in "just to see if it works"

Diemmess 08:52 22 Aug 06

Now I understand, Google returned all sorts of exotic HD arrangements but I missed seeing any CD device.

It would seem you have little to lose by trying, though whether you have a chance at all to fit a working CD writer without some dramatic engineering is yours to discover...(:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…