How open cmg files?

MickinPlymouthUK 15:38 01 Jun 06

Hi, somebody's sent me a cmg file, how do I open it?
Thanks

DieSse 16:05 01 Jun 06

A .cmg file appears to be a saved game file for Chessmaster. Does that sound likely?

Presumably it opens with Chessmaster, but possibly only at the appropriate place in the game. If you have Chessmaster, I suggest you look where othersaved games (ie .cmg files) are on your system, and put it ther with them - then see if it appears at the correct place in Chessmaster.

MickinPlymouthUK 18:19 01 Jun 06

Its a strategy game file, I handle a dozen a day from play-by-email opponents as txt files with no hassle but for some reason this one arrived as cmg. I've contacted the guy about it but don't know when he'll reply, so in the meantime I thought I'd ask here how to open it.
I'm not familiar with Chessmaster whatever that is..

DieSse 22:22 01 Jun 06

Try changing the file extension to .txt , as it usually is - and see what happens - you've got nothing to lose.

Perhaps the guy that sent it sent you the wrong file by mistake.

MickinPlymouthUK 22:57 01 Jun 06

Okay panics over, somebody kill that klaxon.. :)
I just discovered the guy sent me a file for a game I don't even have without checking with me first,duh, no wonder my PC couldn't recognise it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…