how to open BackUp .dbx files in Outlook Express

Guady 11:55 16 Sep 10

I am about to get a new PC and want to put my existing Outlook Express messages and folders on to the new machine. I've located the Folders and copied them to a Memory Stick. What I need to know now is - How to open them in OE on the new machine?! I tried to do this on my existing PC but couldn't do it, so I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help, please - Backing up e-mails is probably something I should have been doing before, but never have! Thanks

lotvic 12:33 16 Sep 10

Open OE on your new machine (I presume that it is XP as OE is not on W7)
click on File > Import > Messages > Microsoft Outlook Express 6 > Import mail from an OE6 store directory > Browse to your memory stick > choose all the folders and import them

If your new pc is not XP then post back on here for different instructions to import them to a different mail client other than Outlook Express

Guady 15:19 16 Sep 10

Thanks lotvic - Should have given this info before, sorry. My new machine will have Win 7 although I currently have Win XP. Didn't realise that Win 7 wouldn't have OE - Does it have a different program or will I only be able to use web mail? Also, is there a way to use the files I've saved to memory stick on the new PC with Win 7? I'd be really grateful to know about it.

lotvic 16:07 16 Sep 10

There was a good thread with instructions on here not so long ago, but can't find it.

Suggest you close this thread by green tick and click on 'Resolved'

Start new thread with title such as
How to transfer OE6 email to W7

then someone will pick it up who knows what to do as I have not done it (yet):@)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 16 Sep 10

click here

the link talks about Vista but Windows mail is the same in Windows 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…