How to onlyReinstall Win98seon a dual boot with XP

paigles 14:02 28 May 04

I have a dual partition hard drive with Wi 98se on C: and XP Pro on D:

I need to perform a complete reinstall of Win 98se on C: but I do not wish to perform a reinstall of XP pro.

I know that to obtain the appropriate startup option to choose the system of choice at boot up I need the appropriate boot up configuration.

Is it possible to undertake the single reinstall detailed above or do I have to reinstall XP as well.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks Chris

Djohn 14:06 28 May 04

Backup your important files as normal practise then format the C: partition. It will [Should] not affect your D: partition.

jonnytub 14:08 28 May 04
  AndySD 14:16 28 May 04

Back up these files from C: Boot.ini
Ntbootdd.sys
Ntdetect.com
NTLDR

and replace them after loading 98

paigles 17:56 28 May 04

Thanks for the info. I can find all files mentioned except Ntbootdd.sys even looking in hidden and subfolders.

Where is it located please?

thanks for your time.

regards,

Chris

paigles 17:56 28 May 04

Thanks for the info. I can find all files mentioned except Ntbootdd.sys even looking in hidden and subfolders.

Where is it located please?

thanks for your time.

regards,

Chris

woodchip 18:36 28 May 04

If you put XP on after 98 then no. XP will not work after. but you may get it working by doing a repair from the XP CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…