How often to update AVG?

TommyRed 21:02 26 Aug 03

At present I automatically check for updates every 10 days and manually whenever an alert is on. Is this ok or should I change its frequency?
TR

obbit 21:05 26 Aug 03

i check for updates twice a day (paranoid........ME!!) as often as you like but you can set for automatic updates and let it do it's self

krypt1c 21:09 26 Aug 03

Tommyred - I check every time I log on. obbit is right, provided you have an always on connection K ;-)

Jester2K II 21:13 26 Aug 03

Same as krypt1c - when i log on and just before log off..

Djohn 21:14 26 Aug 03

I agree with obbit, you can set to auto. But I have set mine to manual in case I'm not on-line at the time of auto up-date. I check once each day, if I miss one, then someone from the forum usually post a reminder. j.

Gaz 25 21:18 26 Aug 03

every week.

MIke 21:27 26 Aug 03

Whenever I connect to net

TommyRed 21:52 26 Aug 03

I think I need to do it a bit more frequently, at least weekly or whenever I log on, which is daily. Thanks for the replies. TR

wee eddie 21:56 26 Aug 03

checks for updates every time I log on.

Belatucadrus 22:03 26 Aug 03

And this is one of the reasons I prefer avast4, much better auto update system.

spuds 00:30 27 Aug 03

Best to check for updates on a daily basis if possible. AVG as a tendancy to leave spans then shoot two updates at you within days of each over. Usually someone will post the latest update in the Helproom. At the same time, I would suggest that you check for updates, for all your other safeguard/security devices installed on your machine.With all the problem virus's in circulation at the present time, you can never be to carefull.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…