how often do you print to keep inks flowing ok?

dfghjkl 10:39 17 Oct 04

hello,i only use my printer about once a month or even less and my ink is forever drying out.it is only a cheap all in one from lexmark and is fine with new ink cartridges in but gets worse as the months go on.as lexmarks are not very economical i dont want to print a picture every day just to keep the ink flowing.how often should i print?

961 10:43 17 Oct 04

Depends on how warm the room is

Suggest once a week should be ok, once a month is too long

Make sure the page you print uses all colours

JonnyTub 10:43 17 Oct 04

Print a page of multicoloured text a week in draft mode, work's for me.

dfghjkl 11:07 17 Oct 04

thank you,once a week it is then

spuds 11:22 17 Oct 04

Lexmark printers and cartridges are not the most cost effective devices,I know because I use Lexmark products.Weekly use of a opened cartridge is really necessary, as all types of problems with flow and print results could easily occure. Here is a site that gives sound general advice on cartridge troubleshooting click here Hope it helps.

Rogerfredo 12:19 17 Oct 04

Is there a utility with the Lexmark that prints a few lines using each colour to show whether the ink jets need cleaning? (like on the Epsons).
This uses very little ink and I use it once a week to keep my printers working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…