How often do you delete your cookies?

golfpro 17:48 13 Apr 06

I must have about 300+ cookies on my RamDisc, should I delete these now?

Stuartli 17:49 13 Apr 06

Depends on what they are - some may be for financial institutions etc and you would have to enter the initial details the first time you return (the main security measures are when you enter the website itself).

Just make sure you know your usernames and passwords...:-)

Stuartli 17:50 13 Apr 06

Cookies take up very little disk space.

golfpro 18:30 13 Apr 06

The thing is, at the moment I am trying to do a major clean-up on my computer as I have collected so much crap over the years. All the web sites I need passwords for, I have in RoboForm so I can easily access these, but I do get fed up with sites scanning my computer every five minuets, and this can only come from the cookies.

The Spires 18:34 13 Apr 06

Mine get deleted every day as does my internet history & temp files.

arris 18:34 13 Apr 06

I don't allow any cookies apart from only the ones I want from certain web sites.

Pidder 18:37 13 Apr 06

Do folks use IE Privacy Keeper? This has the facility to retain cookies such as financial etc. but clean out all the rest on shutdown. Think I got it from a cover disc a while ago.

Eric half-a-bee 19:01 13 Apr 06

golfpro - if you use a cleaner CCleaner click here or Cleanup click here you can designate which cookies you want to retain and the rest are removed each time you run the application.

Curio 19:02 13 Apr 06

You could try this Freeware. Have a read at click here

bluto1 19:37 13 Apr 06

Cookies, Temp Files and Internet History all wiped every evening.
Some of the guys here will suggest cCleaner, and even disc cleanup. Use them, because if you`ve got years of rubbish on board your computer must be staggaring from boot up to boot up.

Forum Editor 19:42 13 Apr 06

have cookies cleared every two days.

CCleaner's the one for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac