How to network

rogue_flea 10:24 12 Apr 06

Hi. I recently bought a new computer and want to link the Internet on my old pc, upsatirs to my new one. I have bought an ethernet broadband router with network cable and network cards just in case. Would anyone be able to do me a step by step tutorial of how to get internet on my new computer?

Thanks in advance

Aargh 11:54 12 Apr 06

Do you have wireless, or is your router cable only? Does it have basic network instructions with it (follow them!)

The basics:

If your router is wireless and one of your PC's is near a phone socket (ADSL?) plug the router into the phone socket with the cable/filter supplied(?)You can then connect the PC to the router by ethernet cable.

Or you can connect it wirelessly by a PCI network adapter (plug in thing with an antenna) or a USB adapter. Do the same for the other PC.

IF your router is ethernet only, both PC's will have to be connected by ethernet cables.

The rest is down to windows and setting up home networks and file sharing etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…