How is my email address visible?

I was downloading some software (MusicMatch Jukebox)this afternoon and I was invited to register with the source website. I clicked OK and in the next screen the field with my email address had been automatically filled in. The address that was filled in was my work address when I bought this computer but it is now out of date. I have never knowingly loaded any sort of profile into my computer so how did those details fill in automatically? How do I stop this happening again? I've got a Dell Dimension 4600 PC and run Windows XP Home Edition.

Diodorus Siculus 20:21 30 Apr 05

Do you have any sort of form filling software?

rubella 20:32 30 Apr 05

Thanks for the suggestion to look in Internet Options / Content but it has just added to the mystery in my view. The autocomplete option had not been switched on and the profile box in the same tab was empty too (as I hoped).

It doesn't appear to be Windows / Explorer that is the source - unless there is another repository of personal information hidden away somewhere.

Any other ideas, please?

Buchan 35 21:15 30 Apr 05

Can you enlarge on your post. I use Incredimail
but theres no intrusion on my privacy. Unless you know better. If you`re wondering what I mean click on your "click here" and wait a few seconds

DieSse 00:02 01 May 05

Google has an auto fill option, if you are using the toolbar - you can switch it off in the options.

Or it may come from a cookie, if you used this site before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…