How to mute the startup sound across a network

jcotton 13:07 15 Aug 05

Hiya

I have a network of 200 computers and I want the Windows startup and shutdown sound not to play. Is there an easy way off doing this over a network because I dont want to have to login to each machine and turn off the sounds in control pannel ---> sound and audio devices.

Cheers

petescully 18:36 16 Aug 05

running what os?

Gaz 25 01:31 06 Sep 05

Yes, if you use GroupPolicy and Active Directory you probably could. Otherwise not.

BigMoFoT 14:47 07 Sep 05

the PC's still need sound in general? And that disabling the soundcard and removing speakers isn't an option?

I don't think there is a way of disabling specific sounds via group policy. You could disable the deivce but that would leave you with no sound alltogether...

Or you could get someone to delete all the wav files that are associated with startup and shutdown.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…