How much would *you* pay...?

OxfordRuse 12:05 06 Jan 05

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me an idea how much the following desktop PC might be worth nowadays. I'm lookin' to score me a laptop and need to raise some greens ASAP.

Evesham (bought February 2002)
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
512MB RAM
Maxtor 100GB Hard Drive
17" TFT Monitor
NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500 w/ 64MB
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy
Cambridge DT 5.1 Surround Speakers/Sub
Sony DVD-ROM Drive
Sony CD-RW Drive
3.5" Floppy Drive
Pinnacle TV Tuner card
Realtek Ethernet Adapter
Datalink Wireless Adapter with 802.11g standard
Smartlink 56k Modem
Microsoft keyboard and optical mouse
Windows XP Home and some as yet undecided software

If anyone could spare some tips about sprucing up the computer to make it more salable I'd be wicked grateful. Like how to clean up the hard drive, what kind of software I could throw in etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

ACOLYTE 12:14 06 Jan 05

Hmm,say about £150/250 maybe a bit less, dont forget you can get a new system for under £500 with the latest hardware/software onboard.As for what to sell with it,thats up to you but i dont think you would improve the price a great deal.
To clean the hdd format/fdisk reinstall the OS and nothing else.A good clean pc will look good to buyers.Most people buy a pc cos they like the look of it not for whats under the hood,just my opinion anyways.

goonerbill © ® 12:19 06 Jan 05

to clean up the hard drive, i would reformat the drive reload anything that you was going to ship with the pc and then use nortons utilities/system information and use the goverment wipe options on the drive cleaning the free space only or any program that can do something similar.

as for price, £200/250 would be fair.

muscic lover 12:21 06 Jan 05

You could always try Ebay...... at ebay.co.uk and click 'buy' and type in the specifications you have and see what they are selling for and see if they selling as well!

Good luck and hope the cash comes to you!

mattyc_92 12:25 06 Jan 05

I think that, as goonerbill said, it shouldn't be worth any more than £250!!!! but realistically you may be looking at something like £300 to £400... A rip-of I know!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…