How much is this worth ?

johnjohn796 15:35 06 Apr 10

How much would this pc get, I'm thinking of getting a new system with an i5 but not sure how much this is worth.

Specs

Intel Quad Core q9400
4GB Ram Geil Dragon
250 WD HDD
9800 GT
Windows XP
Random case not sure what it is
Big Typhoon Heatsink
has 3 80mm Fans

northumbria61 15:58 06 Apr 10

It is a decent spec. BUT it is secondhand and it depends on what you paid for it and how old it is.

The market is "flooded" with good spec. reasonably priced computers and given that most people would probably buy new with warranty you might be struggling to sell.

johnjohn796 16:16 06 Apr 10

Well its about 1 year and a bit old Not sure exactly how much I paid but it was a good price for what I got.
So would you not give it a price because there are many others and new ones, will I find it hard to sell it say if I put it on ebay ?

northumbria61 16:41 06 Apr 10

I am sure you would sell it if you listed it on E-Bay (although they are numerous) but maybe not with the same spec.

You could try and remember how much you paid and maybe start off at 25% of that price or put a "reserve" price on it - also "pick up only" - that way you would save on postage costs.

Maybe a better way would be to advertise it in your local newspaper or supermarket - "Offers over" £ ??
You need to decide what price is "Best for You" - too high it won't sell.

There will be someone out there - just a case of finding them!

Sorry I can't be more specific.

johnjohn796 16:50 06 Apr 10

Ok thanks for your help. I text my mate who I bought it off and he said it was like £300 not exactly but somewhere around there. So if I advertised it for like £280 to start it off would that be ok ?

northumbria61 22:12 06 Apr 10

Hi johnjohn796

That is probably about right. There is a difference between what you would like to get for it and the actual price that people are prepared to pay.

Technology moves so fast today and not everybody can afford to buy new.

If you are confident enough you could always offer a 30 day money back guarantee providing it is returned to you in the condition it was sold - but you don't have to.

Make sure you have erased all your important files before parting with it.

johnjohn796 20:33 08 Apr 10

I will at the moment I'm just doing my homework seeing how much other things are going for.
Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now