How much video can one fit on a DVD

Night Ryder 20:48 30 Jun 04

I have a number of video clips I wish to capture and put on a DVD disk. I have all the necessary tools to create a disk that will play on a domestic DVD player(I have made many of these in the past). I have one particular clip of a video I recorded a while ago on holiday which is three hours long. I could work out the data rate and compress this file to fit a DVD but this would make a data disk which could only be played on the PC DVD-rom. Does anyone know if it is possible to squeeze three hours of video onto a 4.7gig DVD and have it work in a Domestic DVD player or is this always going to be limited to two hours. If not my only other option will be to split the video in two and put it on two DVD disks.

siouxah1 22:00 30 Jun 04

Do not know the answer to your problem but you might like to investigate this site for all things video.

click here

Regards Brian j

JFT 22:11 30 Jun 04

It all depends what bitrate you encode to Mpeg2 with, if your trying to fit 3 hours of video onto your DVD you are going to have to reduce the bitrate you encode with.The lower the bitrate, the more the quality suffers.
|I use TMPGenc and it allows you to fit 3 hours of video onto a single DVD, although the quality does suffer a bit.

woodchip 22:19 30 Jun 04

Mpeg 4, But do not know where you can get it.

woodchip 22:21 30 Jun 04

You could have a gander hear click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…