How much space is used?

Tycho 21:57 04 Dec 05

I have uploaded several sites to my free Tiscali web space. How can I find out how much space I have left?

Forum Editor 22:44 04 Dec 05

you know how much space you started with? Then all you need to do is add up the sizes of the sites you have uploaded - you'll have these backed up to your hard drive, so add together the file sizes.

Tycho 08:40 05 Dec 05

I can find out all of these things but I thought that there might be a quick way of interrogating the server to find out exactly how much has been taken by me.

Incidentally, I use EasyWebEditor for my rather simple sites so I have to ensure that I save the html files to my hard drive first just to find out how big they will be on the server. In EWE you don't work with the separate files but with on big hypertext file from which are generated the html files as you upload it.

Thanks anyway. It looks as if there is no short cut?

PurplePenny 20:36 05 Dec 05

Our ISP offers basic stats for our free web space so we know how much we have used. Maybe Tiscali has something similar.

ade.h 20:41 05 Dec 05

Mine tells me how much space my sites occupy, like most do. However, I know for certain that it's reporting the wrong figure for some unknown reason! I have two different sites of very different sizes and both have the same figure of just 4.9MB. The larger of two is much bigger than that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…