How much should I sell my Alienware for?

crimsonnight 17:14 PM 24 Jan 13

Hey guys, going to sell my Alienware, couple years old, run full diagnostics and everything's peachy - how much should I be aiming to get for it?

Base : Alienware Aurora Standard Cosmic Black Chassis Processor : Intel Core i7 Processor 920(2.66GHz,4.8GT/s,8MB) Resource DVD : Alienware Aurora Ship Accessory : English Docs with UK/Ire Power Cord Memory : 6GB (3x2GB)1333MHz Tri Channel Hard Drive 750GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm) Optical Drive : 24X DVD+/-RW Drive Graphics : 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card Audio Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability Wireless : European Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N MiniPCI Card Operating System : English Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64 BIT)

Cheers!

Chronos the 2nd 07:44 AM 25 Jan 13

Not as much as you think and a lot less than you want.Unless you have someone that wants to buy it complete then you are likely to make more money by breaking it down and selling the components individually.

crimsonnight 09:46 AM 25 Jan 13

I am planning to sell it as a complete - I'd still like to know how much I should be aiming for - cheers

Chronos the 2nd 10:36 AM 25 Jan 13

Can you post the model number or name of the Alienware/Dell PC?

crimsonnight 11:23 AM 25 Jan 13

Can't find a model number in any of the emails - just that it's an Alienware Aurora

Chronos the 2nd 11:35 AM 25 Jan 13

Is this it? Alien.

crimsonnight 11:45 AM 25 Jan 13

Right sort of time, but the model below I think, mine doesn't have the the option to raise the panelling on the top

Chronos the 2nd 12:02 PM 25 Jan 13

Can you not find the model and post it here? Very difficult to price a PC when I am not certain of what I am looking for. But if it is similar to my link. It was well over priced.

crimsonnight 12:11 PM 25 Jan 13

Sure, I'll look check the chassis when I get home, cheers for your help.

crimsonnight 10:02 AM 28 Jan 13

I've checked and there is no model number - I suppose because each system is built to the specs you specify...

nickf 10:51 AM 28 Jan 13

took A quick look at the specs you have posted , I would estimate around the £450-£500 mark .

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…