How much should I pay for...

originalmiscellany 23:14 22 Jun 06

a Sony DSCV1 camera from my friend - in good condition with 3 256 meg cards and 3 batteries - 2 Sony ones and 1 generic one?

I have no idea how much to offer - 100 quid? 150?

Your opinons/ideas would be useful - i've looked on ebay but no-one is selling them for a rough price comparison.

skidzy 23:33 22 Jun 06

Due the fact that the market is awash with pocket size digital camera's,all varying in price and quality.

I would say £100.00 is a fair price to offer for a start ?

This camera has been around for at least a couple of years but still holds its price quite well click here

If in good condition...go for it.
But dont pay to much !!!!!

Happy snapping :-)

woodchip 23:34 22 Jun 06

It's like asking how long is a ball of string

wallbash 23:40 22 Jun 06

I like sony camera's , and if the camera is in good condition as you say , i might be tempted to ( as skidzy said) to start your offer at £100 but be prepared to increase a little. BUT would want a chance to give the camera a good 'road test' !!!

100/150 ?? seems fair

FreddyNoFriends 00:50 23 Jun 06

Have you checked out the Canon outlet on Ebay? click here I bought a refurbished Ixus 50 a couple of months ago for about £120. It's basically returned stock which has been fully serviced, refurbished and re-packaged with all new software, accessories, etc. And as you're buying directly from Canon, you still get the warranty etc.

The Ixus 50 is an excellent 5 MP camera thats packed with features - does video, 12x zoom, big LCD screen, loads of picture effects, etc - yet is about the size of a fag packet (but thinnner). It has a Canon brand rechargeable battery (which lasts for hours) and charger, meaning you dont go through a warehouse full of AA batteries on holiday.
They also do other versions such as the Ixus 55, Ixus 750, etc, which cost more but are more or less the same.
In fact I bought one of my kids an Ixus 55 too - I was so impressed with mine.

I made the mistake of buying a Minolta S414 digital camera a year or two ago. Although it was a good camera, it ate batteries like mad and by the time I added a case ( for spare batteries!!) it was too big to fit in a pocket and after a while I found I just couldnt be bothered to lug it around. Unless you do massive prints and want interchangeable lenses, etc, my advice would be to buy small.

I just checked the Canon outlet and they have several Ixus models in right now.

Hope that helps.

originalmiscellany 08:10 23 Jun 06

I will take your comments on board and go from there.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

originalmiscellany 08:13 23 Jun 06

Thanks to Freddie who has pointed out the ebay link about second hand cameras from Cannon. It's given me some thoughts, so cheers for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…