//some 3rd party need geo

how much ram?

pookie 11:27 09 Jun 05

Hi

Asus mobo a7n8x-x, 3Ghz barton, 1Gb ddr, x800pro graphics, windows xp home edition and 550 watt psu. All drivers up to date. FPS games.

Now that far cry / half life 2 / doom 3 have set the trend for the need for high performance pcs, and that the price of ram is cheap at the moment, would you recommend me getting another 512Mb ram or will i notice no real difference over my current 1Gb memory? for info the mobo is single channel.

Cheers

P

pookie 13:59 09 Jun 05

:-) refreshed

ACOLYTE 14:08 09 Jun 05

1Gig should be plenty to run the PC and games
but adding more wont hurt,but you will get to a point were adding ram wont make any difference to the PC or the games as it will only use what it needs and the rest will be spare,i have 2 gig of ram and it runs just the same as it did with 1 gig when playing games.If you wont to do other things in the back ground as well as play games then it should be an advantage to have more ram.
But i dont think you will see much difference in pc performance by adding another 512Mb.

pookie 13:01 10 Jun 05

sorry for delay in my reply - many thanks - i'll stick to 1Gb that i have

cheers

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…