how much is my old pc worth?

vadababy 19:56 PM 09 Oct 11

compaq presario intel (R) Pentium (R) 4CPU 3.06 GHZ 3.06 GHZ 960 MB Of RAM

bremner 20:07 PM 09 Oct 11

You do not say whether this includes a monitor or what the o/s is.

Unless these are exceptional then you will be lucky to get more than £75-100

lotvic 21:04 PM 09 Oct 11

These look like the Specs I would think a third of bremner's figure and it would need to have O/S on.

vadababy 21:12 PM 09 Oct 11

hi, it's just for the base unit alone. it has xp on it. I'm not expecting much, been offered £50 & just wondered if that was a fair price for it? Cheers.

wee eddie 21:41 PM 09 Oct 11

Grab it. Remember to remind the Buyer "Caveat Emptor", and that it was working before you put it into his hands.

vadababy 21:45 PM 09 Oct 11

it is fully working, i'm not trying to do anyone over, not sure what your comment is implying. i'm just getting a new pc built with more memory etc.

lotvic 22:06 PM 09 Oct 11

It's a term used by private sellers "Caveat Emptor" = 'Buyer Beware' (you buy it 'as is' and there is no guarantee so have a good look at it before you part with your money)

Of course this doesn't always work out if it is a friend of yours ;)

rdave13 22:37 PM 09 Oct 11

50 squids is more than you could expect. As above, grab it.

vadababy 22:49 PM 09 Oct 11

ok thanks for the info

mobing 04:26 AM 10 Oct 11

it is not worthy of selling now ,but the cpu seems a bit useful still for those who still want to keep on using the old pc before a complete upgrade !

vadababy 08:14 AM 10 Oct 11

How is it not worth selling? for someone who just wants to use it for basic internet browsing i think it is still an ok pc.It has done me well in the time I have had it. The only reason i am upgrading is because i need more memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November