How much is my computer worth?

fearny 15:47 PM 28 Oct 11

Hey, im looking to start my own business/company or watever basically making gaming computers and then selling them on and i just want an idea how much mine is worth

Processor - Pentium Dual Core CPU E660 3.06 GHz, 3067Mhz, 2 cores. RAM - 4GB Graphics card - ATI Radeon HD 5830 Hard drive - 500GB CD ROM - S-ATA 2xx DVD writer Motherboard - P5G41T-MLX DDR3 1333 [o.c] DX10 Support Power Supply - 600 watt OS - Windows 7 (64 bit)

Jollyjohn 16:09 PM 28 Oct 11

Buy yourself a copy of MicroMart, £2, every Thursday. Look at the deals available and consider if you could source the parts cheaply enough to beat them!

gengiscant 17:23 PM 28 Oct 11

Depends on age/condition whether there is any warranty left. You really need to post the make/model number of each component Rough guess.

CPU E660 = £30 - £35

Mobo = £20 - £25

HDD = £15 - £20

DVD Writer = £7

Power supply and graphics card and RAM will depend on make/model. Windows 7 if it is OEM is tied to the motherboard so can add £50.If it is retail then it will be worth a bit more.

woodchip 19:03 PM 28 Oct 11

gengiscant Think you are talking to a Spammer using different Nicknames

fearny 21:44 PM 28 Oct 11

this is my first post :s

Terry Brown 15:46 PM 30 Oct 11

The answer is simple, It is what other people are willing to pay.

Look at magazines (like Micomart)and local papers to find a 'market' price.

As you are not sure what about your business plan, but think there must be a pot of gold at the end for anyone selling computers, have alook at the amount of companies who have gone bust over the last few years.

Terry

Forum Editor 18:28 PM 30 Oct 11

woodchip

"Think you are talking to a Spammer using different Nicknames"

That's not the case.

woodchip 11:40 AM 31 Oct 11

FE

Thanks but it looked like it was, as a lot of similar threads was created at the same time

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…