How much is my computer worth?

fearny 15:47 PM 28 Oct 11

Hey, im looking to start my own business/company or watever basically making gaming computers and then selling them on and i just want an idea how much mine is worth

Processor - Pentium Dual Core CPU E660 3.06 GHz, 3067Mhz, 2 cores. RAM - 4GB Graphics card - ATI Radeon HD 5830 Hard drive - 500GB CD ROM - S-ATA 2xx DVD writer Motherboard - P5G41T-MLX DDR3 1333 [o.c] DX10 Support Power Supply - 600 watt OS - Windows 7 (64 bit)

Jollyjohn 16:09 PM 28 Oct 11

Buy yourself a copy of MicroMart, £2, every Thursday. Look at the deals available and consider if you could source the parts cheaply enough to beat them!

gengiscant 17:23 PM 28 Oct 11

Depends on age/condition whether there is any warranty left. You really need to post the make/model number of each component Rough guess.

CPU E660 = £30 - £35

Mobo = £20 - £25

HDD = £15 - £20

DVD Writer = £7

Power supply and graphics card and RAM will depend on make/model. Windows 7 if it is OEM is tied to the motherboard so can add £50.If it is retail then it will be worth a bit more.

woodchip 19:03 PM 28 Oct 11

gengiscant Think you are talking to a Spammer using different Nicknames

fearny 21:44 PM 28 Oct 11

this is my first post :s

Terry Brown 15:46 PM 30 Oct 11

The answer is simple, It is what other people are willing to pay.

Look at magazines (like Micomart)and local papers to find a 'market' price.

As you are not sure what about your business plan, but think there must be a pot of gold at the end for anyone selling computers, have alook at the amount of companies who have gone bust over the last few years.

Forum Editor 18:28 PM 30 Oct 11

"Think you are talking to a Spammer using different Nicknames"

That's not the case.

woodchip 11:40 AM 31 Oct 11

Thanks but it looked like it was, as a lot of similar threads was created at the same time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off