How much could i get for this pc

Doire_Bhoy 21:17 07 Dec 05

Have an old pc with a 400mhz processor
64 Mb RAM
Win 2000
12GB HDD
Office XP.

A nice wee machine that would be usful to a student.

woodchip 21:18 07 Dec 05

about £30 to £50

Skills 00:11 08 Dec 05

If your including a monitor with it as well and keyboard, mouse speakers then maybe £60 - £70 but not much more than that.

LivEviL 00:17 08 Dec 05

ill give u some magic beans for it?

Mytob 00:31 08 Dec 05

id sellit in a local paper as you wont get squat on ebay for it dew to p and p. as for a price 20 - 30 witout monitor and say 40 - 50 for it with a moniter. the mouse and keybord dont come into the equation realy as you can by them for 2 from a pc fair! i would also sell the copy of windows seperatly as you can make some more money on that than if it was bundled with the pc. Just downlod and burn one of the many varitys of linux and put it on there as a free os to prove the thing works to potential buyers. Id sugest suse linux available at click here . you will want the x86 iso files for it not the x86_64 as these are 64 bit versions.

Mytob 00:37 08 Dec 05

just having a look on ebay if you have pro versions of both then 2000 ur looking about 35-40 and office about 80. Worth selling thing of seperatly! :)

Can you sell the copy of windows although it was registered to the "old" computer?

Can you sell the copy of windows although it was registered to the "old" computer?

Sry about the trigger finger........I have nightshiftitis :-)

SG Atlantis® 08:02 08 Dec 05

I agree with woodchip around £40

Diodorus Siculus 08:07 08 Dec 05

Depends on whether or not it was OEM - if it came with the machine with an OEM licence it has to stay with it.

Office XP? Does that come on valid disk or simply installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…