GEEKSTA 17:33 01 Dec 06

how much are windows xp licence keys?
I need to install windows xp on a windows 98. click here

Can you give me any sites to look at?

sean-278262 17:38 01 Dec 06

click here sell them for £60

click here

GEEKSTA 17:47 01 Dec 06

so if i want to install windows xp on a windows 98 i only basically need a genuine windows xp cd?

Any thing else?

Forum Editor 18:13 01 Dec 06

you need to ensure that the computer meets the recommended hardware configuration standard for running Windows XP.

300 MHz or higher processor speed recommended.

128 MB of RAM or higher recommended

1.5 Gigabytes of available hard disk space

Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor

CD-ROM or DVD drive

GEEKSTA 15:53 02 Dec 06

Ok, so would the licence key be on the cd or..?

sean-278262 16:39 02 Dec 06

You will get a

-brief manual for XPs use
-A windows CD
-A COA (certificate of authenticity) sticker with the key.

Diemmess 16:55 02 Dec 06

As I understand it, XP is the first Windows operating system to be sold without a key number.

Contact with MS after installing a genuine copy of XT will allow you to continue to use it on that computer. Their records will show who, what, and when.
This effectively makes it unique and anyone who takes over your CD hoping to install it on their computer will be unable to have it 'activated' or whatever the term is.

sean-278262 16:58 02 Dec 06

"As I understand it, XP is the first Windows operating system to be sold without a key number."

No it isnt. My laptop. Home PC and every other legitimate XP machines I have had to use or repair has had a licence key attached. They require authentication by phone or internet to confirm it isnt a dodgy copy but otherwise it still requires a CD key.

sean-278262 17:00 02 Dec 06

"This effectively makes it unique and anyone who takes over your CD hoping to install it on their computer will be unable to have it 'activated' or whatever the term is."

Also this is certainly not true. I have an XP CD in my repair toolbox and have used it on about 15 computers to reboot XP afresh. If I use my XP CD key of course I cannot activate it but a CD is the same as any other one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…