How much is 2gb cap broadband

x2 zero 19:20 19 Oct 05

Will it allow about 120 hrs per month normal
surfing including any full new program updates
of firewall, antivirus,spybot etc,and light
user of sending e-mail.

bremner 19:37 19 Oct 05

That is impossible to say because one can not define 'normal'.

There are utilities out there can measure your usage - someone will be sure to provide details of one - use it against your current setup to get an idea of what you do.

woodchip 20:06 19 Oct 05

it's not going to last long as evey web page is part of that 2gb

Wuggy 20:12 19 Oct 05

For download monitor click here

Stuartli 20:13 19 Oct 05

Tiscali has advice on its website regarding the amount of MBs used during normal surfing, downloads etc to guide those using its 2GB capped services.

It states that, on average, the majority of its subscribers use about 0.8GB a month; however, with so many of its services now being unlimited this figure will undoubtedly have changed.

You can still get 1MB unlimited with Tiscali for around £15.

The Tautology Bandwidth Meter, a small download, will keep a record of daily and monthly downloads and uploads:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:26 19 Oct 05

have a 2G capped service

on here a few hours each day surfing emails plenty of downloads and updates and still find I and my daughters (shopping sites) have only used approx 1G a month.

If you not downloading films and playing online games then 2G is more than enough.

Dipso 21:40 19 Oct 05

I agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ I don't go over 2GB with similar usage to that.

ventanas 21:59 19 Oct 05

I use the small app in the link provided by Wuggy. In the past two weeks I have used 300mb. So well within the limit.

x2 zero 19:46 20 Oct 05

Thanks gives me a better picture.

Stuartli 23:07 20 Oct 05

I'm on the Net all day every day for around 12 hours and I still don't use all the 2GB cap in a month even with some quite regular largish downloads (say 30-50MB).

Jak_1 00:23 21 Oct 05

Don't forget that the 2GB means all internet usage and not just downloads!
2GB would be of little use to me as I can quite easily use that up in a 24 hour period, lol.
The term normal usage is a variable and depends what you want out of internet use! What may seem fine now may not be enough in the future!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…