how to move email from one PC to another

Giggsy252 10:36 16 Sep 03

hi, i wish to transfer my email inbox from one PC to another using Outlook, how do i go about doing this?

I have Windows XP, i tried exporting it but some parts of the messages are missing when imported to the other PC. The whole message is not getting exported for some reason.

Is their another way?

Thanks alot in advance for any tips

SheffieldSpy 10:47 16 Sep 03

Hummm... I know a number of ways to import e-mails into Outlook express, but I think Outlook 95/97/98/2000/2002 will differ greatly. How are you transporting them from machine to machine?? i.e. By Network or CD/3.5" Floppy.

scotty 11:07 16 Sep 03

In Outlook there is an Import\Export option under the Files menu. Just follow the on-screen instructions. For Outlook (as opposed to Outlook Express) export to file type .pst.

Tj_El 14:17 16 Sep 03

Are both PC's using the same e-mail software i.e. whether MSOutlook or Outlook Express etc.?

How did you carry out the export that resulted in it missing parts of the message?

What is/are the missing "parts of the messages" you refer to? Subjects? Attachments? Addresses?

Giggsy252 15:39 16 Sep 03

i just imported it as a pst file and nothing seems to be missing from the email messages.

Thanks alot for all your responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…