How to move desktop icons back please??

julius44 17:21 19 Mar 11

hello and good evening....my sister has a windows xp netbooks, and theres a slight problem please

The start icon and the and the icon that show the time and kaspersky are now showing at the top left and right hand corners of the screen instead of at the bottom left and right hand corners of the screen....ive tried to adjust in settings but maybe there is something im doing wrong...any suggestions please????

Nontek 17:24 19 Mar 11

Assuming you mean the whole task bar which is normally at the bottom of the screen - right-click on the taskbar, hold the mouse button down and drag the whole lot back down to the bottom. Then right-click and make sure Lock Taskbar is ticked.

Nontek 17:26 19 Mar 11

Oooops - I think that should be ... Left-click and Drag.

julius44 17:49 19 Mar 11

thanks nontek, i was halfway there, now its all in a vertical column on the left hand side....i need to move it to the right handside please....im struggling to move it all to the right hand side now please!!!

ashdav 18:50 19 Mar 11

Right click on the Taskbar then select Properties.
Select Taskbar position from the drop down menu and select Apply.

birdface 18:55 19 Mar 11

or right click the Taskbar and click to unlock it.Then drag it down to the bottom then lock taskbar.

Nontek 18:56 19 Mar 11

You should be able to drag it across as before.

lotvic 19:16 19 Mar 11

You need to only have the desktop showing when you leftclick and drag. Do not have any program windows open or it won't 'go'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…