How many .exe should I have on my PC

bribert 23:54 13 Dec 05

I done a search for manual search for spyware and the like on my PC and over 2500 came up. Is that normal? Am in the process of getting another spyware remover as the 2 that I have dont seem to get rid of them all. Also are paid for spyware removers any more effective tan the free ones?

mullins187 23:58 13 Dec 05

download windows anti spyware ccleaner
and run hijack this with hijack this run scan and save log then post the log for analize
click here

bribert 00:34 14 Dec 05

Got the log save saved but not sure how to post it??? Big writing and picture version please

bribert 00:38 14 Dec 05

Microsoft antispyware beta 1 is the one I've used, is tthat the 1 I should be using? If you could be so kind? Cheers

mullins187 00:47 14 Dec 05

on the page copy the log in the big white area then click analyze

Forum Editor 00:53 14 Dec 05

post Hijack this logs in the forum.

bribert 02:00 14 Dec 05

The law has spoken! What should I do now?

Skills 02:03 14 Dec 05

You need to post it in a dedicated forum such as click here and they should get you sorted.

mullins187 03:34 14 Dec 05

the post that i made befor has the link for
the analyzer web page

wee eddie 05:21 14 Dec 05

You must remember that every piece of software you have installed will have a minimum of 1 and maybe many .exe files.

Every Windows Update, Codex for viewing different types of movie, and every single game you have ever loaded, is a *.exe file.

Do you have any reason to think that some of them may be Spyware. You could easily have none at all, in your 2500 files.

I think you may be becoming paranoiac.

bribert 21:13 14 Dec 05

I ave done said scan with Highjack This, had it analyzed and "nasties" were found. How do i rid myself of these? I think it is spyware as some of my settings change going to various sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…