How many connections on a wireless network

DJ-Garry 16:56 08 Oct 07

Question:

If i have a router on my cable BB such as this one (click here) so i can use my laptop all over the house, my desktop pc attached to a wired LAN port on the built in switch, when my kids visit with their laptop, will they be able to connect to the wireless at the same time as my laptop or wiil I have to disable the wireless on mine first?

In summary: How many wireless connections can you have on a single wireless router?

Cheers, Garry

Technotiger 16:58 08 Oct 07

As many wireless as you like, but usually just up to four if wired to router.

DJ-Garry 16:59 08 Oct 07

Cool!! Thanks Technotiger

ambra4 18:03 08 Oct 07

Guys

The maximum user on a wireless system is 256 that is why the IP address start at 1 and end at 255

The maximum user on a 4 ports router is depending on the type of hub or switch that is connected to each port

For example if you connect 4 X 16 ports hub or switch you can network 64 computers or 4 X 48 ports switch you can network 192 users it all depend on your need at the time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…