How to manage my music files?

hawthorn59 14:18 22 Jun 08

Hi

In the past Ive mainly used iTunes. Since changing my laptop a while ago i havent really played much music, so now I want to get my music organized again. However, I have a mixture of mp3s, mp4s, and music I purchased from a music club which I think will only play in media player; it was licensed I think.

Im just wondering what is the nest way to manage my music now? I used to prefer iTunes, I found it a bit simpler. Is WM 11 difficult to use? Ive heard people say it is.

thanks

h

Stuartli 14:29 22 Jun 08

Windows Media Player 11 difficult to use?

Well I don't find it so for a start...:-)

You could try organising your music files with MediaMonkey (freeware); download from:

click here

hawthorn59 02:06 23 Jun 08

Well no not so much difficult but different and not as good as previous ones, in layout and user-friendliness, display etc. This is according to a friend who used to use WMP 10. But Im sure its just a matter of getting used to it.

If I purchased music (licensed) and the tracks are .wma what does this mean in relation to itunes? Wont itunes only play mp3s?

In that case wont I be better off just using WMP11, and it will play ALL my music....yes??

thnx

h

hawthorn59 02:10 23 Jun 08

Sorry forgot my main question, I got sidetracked!

Ive located the folders where I transferred over my music. In each folder there is an extra files a plain white icon extension .tunebite

Where has this come from, and if Im moving 4 songs from a folder to a new location must I move this also? And if yes, is one copy of it enough to move or must I move one from each folder of music I have?

I plan on putting all the music in a newly created folder on the desktop or would it be better to just let WMP11 search the hard drive and import them all in to the library, and not bother tidying up the original locations?

thnx again

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…