How to make a system disk from ISO image download

SparkyJack 16:18 09 May 15

I have tried the following in both W7 native burner and CDburner XP pro

In each case the burners copy the whole file to disk.

But I am missing atrick, when for example 'Make ISO disk' is selected in XP pro burner it cannot find the file.

So what am I missing?

bumpkin 16:58 09 May 15

This will do it click here

lotvic 18:33 09 May 15

'Make ISO disk' is selected in XP pro burner it cannot find the file

In the window that opens you have to Browse to the file location and select the relevant .iso file that you want to burn to a dvd

SparkyJack 19:11 09 May 15

Lotvic When that is insisted and directed to file location the folder is empty and no file four comes up. Yet is there because that is where the 'straight' burn findss it. Also it is shown when opened from desk top

Copy'n'paste didn't work either copied OK but paste remains greyed out.

Have also used 'Revo uninstaller' to remove XP pro and installed new download.

Same zilchness :-(

lotvic 21:05 09 May 15

Quicker/less complicated way, I've tested this and it works for me, so have a try:

Browse to the .iso and rightclick it and choose 'Open with' and then choose CDBurnerXP

all I then have to do is check the Target Device is correct (the DVDRW drive path) and click on Burn disc

rdave13 21:39 09 May 15

There is a possibility the iso file is corrupt.

SparkyJack 09:18 13 May 15

So far no sucess The it occurred I paid no heed to DVD type + or - is it relevant?

bumpkin 10:32 13 May 15

As long as the disk is compatable with your burner + or - should not matter. Try writing it at a slower speed. Still recomend imgburn.

lotvic 12:12 13 May 15

Likewise, I also recommend imgburn. It has the advantage of being easy to use and appears on the Rightclick menu as 'Burn Using ImgBurn' and opens up with the fields filled in.

SparkyJack 13:18 13 May 15

Dunit and it word

Don't know how what or why,all your helpful suggestions were implemented,but no different to what went on before. The intended only new thing is a new pack of disks Verbatim as I always use.

Put it into the machine and it latter installing at once.

Phew wot a sweat. Thanx guys

bumpkin 13:53 13 May 15

I don't know how old your disks were/are but I had problems trying to write to some old ones. Glad you have it sorted now and for what they cost your decision to get some new disks may well save you hassle in the future, Verbatim is also my choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos