How to make sure I receive all emails?

geek84 14:12 PM 07 Nov 12

Hi folks

I have a Yahoo email account and it seems that I am not receiving some of the emails sent by my friends/colleagues etc.

Can you be kind enough to advice what I need to do in order to make sure I receive all emails?

Thanks in advance for your response.

xania 09:01 AM 08 Nov 12

One of the problems with e-mail is that you can never be sure its arrived. The only thing you can do is ask your friends to set up their systems to ask for read receipts - that way your system will send them a message as soon as you open their e-mail.

However, a more frequent problem is that your email server has considered your emails as spam and blocked it. You should see a folder called 'Spam' and you may find you missing emails there.

CurlyWhirly 16:35 PM 19 Nov 12

I use Windows Mail and there is an option to request a read receipt for all sent messages.

I'm not sure about other email clients though.

wiz-king 05:47 AM 22 Nov 12

Check your spam and junkmail boxes if you find any from your friends then mark it as not spam or accept any mail from this sender ( I dont know your system and they vary). Use CurlyWhirlys suggestion and ask your friends to do likewise.

Check your spam box regularly as some ISP's mail is automatically dumped after a few days - I prefer to check my junkmail box daily as some 'real' mail gets in there occasionaly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…