how to make a recovery disk for new laptop

Superstylin 08:09 01 Oct 07

Hi, my brother has just bought an ei system laptop that didn't come supplied with recovery disks. it was my understanding that the system normally asks you to make a recovery cd the first time it starts up but my bro reckons this never happened and now needs to make one without the prompt.

where does he start?

ps. i know you can make one with imaging software but is it necessary to pay out for it just to make this disk? i know you can trial acronis etc but will the cd run if the software has come to it's trial end?

rawprawn 08:32 01 Oct 07

click here

No you can't use a trial Acronis

Newuser939 19:09 01 Oct 07

Does this help
click here

woodchip 19:12 01 Oct 07

You need as above a Full Version of Acronis True Image 10 or 11 Before things are loaded and while the computer is working ok

skidzy 19:14 01 Oct 07

I would get your brother to check again.
Normally there is software preinstalled such as Cyberlink/Sonic/Tech Guys that will aid in producing the recovery discs.

Not always are you prompted to create the recovery disc,you may have to find the app.

The sooner the better !

Though for £20,get Acronis TI 10 or 11 this will be money well spent.

Superstylin 19:14 01 Oct 07

hi newuser, thanks it was the 'techguys' thing that my bro needed to go through. i managed to work this out shortly before your post but thankyou very much for time. the techguys thing is easy to work through, it pretty much does it all for you.

Graham. 19:18 01 Oct 07

It is my understanding that the seller must provide the means to re-install Windows in the event of a problem.

Look in Programs, Accessories, System Tools. Normally, you can only make one (DVD) disc.

woodchip 19:21 01 Oct 07

Hi skidzy
been on a bit and off a bit today, did some tiling in me shower this morning

skidzy 19:25 01 Oct 07

Hi Woody hope your taking it easy,though knowing you....your not.

About time you get that WC sorted though after seeing the photo's Lol :-))

Sorry superstylin69,dont mean to hijack your thread.

themightymac 12:08 09 Oct 07

Can I just make a quick hi jack. In the same vein as the original topic, I bought an E Systems desk top in April and of course it came without a recovery disk. I know I can make 1 copy of a dvd of the os but can I hell as like work it out. I've been into the tech guys - nothing and I've been into Cyberlink, again nothing. I can remember a tech guy in pc world (probably the worst computer shop in the world) telling me that you can access how to make a dvd on entering one of the start up screens. Again, my brain mustn't be working. Can anyone help someone suffering from auld timer's disease?

Graham. 14:38 09 Oct 07

Look in Programs, Accessories, System Tools. If you haven't made a disk, you should find the means in there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac